Thank God It Was Friday

I've been putting off going to SSS to get a new ID card that should already bear my married name. If it is not needed for my maternity benefits/claims next year, I would have postponed it until I give birth but then I learned it's part of the requirements. Blah blah blah. Since our company follows the American holidays, I had the opportunity to schedule my visit to the SSS last Friday.

Hubby and I had it carefully planned. Or so we thought. We woke up at 5 a.m., took a quick breakfast and shower, got dressed, and hurried our way to SSS. We got there by 7:30 a.m. Our target was to arrive at 7 a.m. but I guess we weren't so lucky with commuting. As far as I know, when we arrived, the office hours hasn't really started yet but to my dismay, we were told by the security guard that we can no longer make our transaction on that day because they can only accommodate 160 persons each day to have their IDs taken (talk about computerization with some limitations). Unfortunately, all the priority numbers were already released. I learned that people came in as early as 5:30 a.m. or 6 a.m. to get their priority numbers. I was a little disappointed with the system. How can they expect me to arrive as early as 6 a.m.? Don't they have some consideration for pregnant women like me? Grrrr. I don't know but I'm really sure there's something that needs to be fixed with the system. I wouldn't mind being scheduled on a specific day of their choice as long as I know I will surely be accommodated. It's a waste of time and effort to be there only to find out you can't make your transaction because somebody else came in a little earlier than you do.

Should I say Thanksgiving Day is not my lucky day? Well, I know it has nothing to do with it. I just hope I'd be lucky to be finally accommodated on my next scheduled visit. Hopefully.


  1. That's too early to be waiting for your new ID / SSS card.

    Start grabbing your belly and begin moaning---maybe that'll grab someone's attention. :)

    You'd be surprised at how many people would react to that. (I've tried it before)

  2. per experience, it takes months after you have your photo/ID taken before they could release a new SSS card. that's how it works around here *sigh*

  3. yeah i understand your frustration jo. ive been through that a lot of times when i was still processing my immigration papers there. i had to be in line as early as 5:00 am pud. but i was not preggy so ok lang sayo ug mata. i dont understand pud bitaw the system in our country but since i needed this and that for my papers, wala ta mahems. it's exactly the opposite here in the US though. gamay ra kaau taw diri if muadto ka SSS or any agency. maybe theres really something wrong with our sytems there. just my 2 cents worth. :)


Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

friday yellow moments

music monday - where are you now?

Talking About The New Normal